Political & Justice Studies Homepage
Subject Area Librarian
Journal Articles & Databases for Political and Justice Studies
The following databases are recommended for research in Political and Justice Studies. To access these databases go to the Journals & Databases A-Z list.
Click on the icon in any database to check for possible full text availability of an article in other databases, or in the library’s print collection. For full text journal articles, articles in peer reviewed journals, citations, and abstracts in Political and Justice Studies:
- EBSCO (select the following databases, or search individually)
- Academic Search CompleteThis multi-disciplinary database offers full text for nearly 4,600 scholarly publications, including more than 3,500 peer-reviewed publications.
- Business Source CompleteThis database provides coverage for 1,130 scholarly business journals, including full text coverage for more than 450 peer-reviewed business publications, with information dating back to 1985.
- ERICThe US Department of Education Clearinghouse for educational materials, both journal articles and non-journal documents.
- SocINDEXSearch SocINDEX for information in all areas of sociological research, including political sociology, social anthropology, criminology & criminal justice, ethnic & racial studies, social psychology, social work, substance abuse & addictions.
- Military & Government CollectionDesigned to offer current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government, this database offers a thorough collection of periodicals, academic journals, and other content pertinent to the increasing needs of those sites.
- ProQuest (select the following modules, or search individually)
- Research Library Core
- Social Science Module
- International Module
- Military Module
- Law Module
- Criminal Justice Periodicals Index
- ProQuest Psychology Journals
- Academic LexisNexisLegal research including Legal News, Law Reviews, Federal Case Law, State Case Law, Federal Code, Federal Regulations, State Codes, Tax Law, International Law, and Patents. Reference information including biographical information, Roper polls, CIA World Fact Book, and World Almanac.
- Congressional LexisNexisAccess to Congressional Publications, Legislative Histories, Bills and Laws, Code of Federal Regulations, Federal Register, Congressional Record, Rules of Congress, Political News, Hot Bills, Hot Topics, Members of Congress, and Congressional Committees.
- PAIS (Public Affairs Information Service International (CSA)This database provides global coverage of public affairs and world issues, with an emphasis on issues in the public debate, including sources on political, social & public policy issues.
- FirstSearch (select up to three databases to search)
Click below for web resources recommended by your subject area librarian.
Writing a Research Paper