Library ID Number/Off Campus Access
The GSU library offers off campus access to subscription databases via a proxy server. The proxy server will not work if cookies are disabled in your browser.
Internet Explorer users:
- In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
- On the Privacy tab, move the settings slider to Low or Accept All Cookies.
- Click OK.
- Go to Tools / Options/ Privacy, make sure Accept cookies from sites and Accept third-party cookies are selected.
Google Chrome users:
- Go to Tools / Options / Under the Hood / Content Settings, make sure Block all third-party cookies without exception is not checked.
For most databases: from off campus, when you click on the link for the database, you will be stopped for authentication. The server should ask you for your Username and Password only once per session. When you close and reopen the browser, you will be prompted for a username and password again.
- You will be asked for a user name and password
- Username =myGSU portal username
- Password= myGSU portal password
- Faculty and staff - use network username and password
For assistance in recalling forgotten usernames or passwords, contact the GSU Help Desk at 708.534.4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org Library staff cannot access individual usernames and passwords.