Employee of the Month Award
The purpose of the Employee of the Month award is to recognize Civil Service employees of Governors State University who demonstrate exemplary work, make significant contributions, and/or perform outstanding service to the unit or university community.
If you know of a person in your department or another department who has done an outstanding job, please remember to nominate that person for this award. Nomination forms are now on the HR website. You may print them and submit the original to Lillian Jung in Human Resources; or place them in the nomination boxes located in front of the Library or Human Resources Department.
Any status civil service employee who has served Governors State University for at least twelve consecutive months. The selection committee considers nominations for a period of four consecutive months. Once an employee receives the award, they are ineligible for consideration for a minimum of two years. Nominations are accepted from students, alumni, faculty, administrative/professional and civil service employees, including extra help employees.
Award recipient receives:
- Certificate of achievement signed by the President
- Congratulations letter from the Director of Human Resources
- A check for $150
- Two tickets to a Center for Performing Arts show
- Designated parking close to Building C doors
- Photograph in the Hall of Governors display on Engbretson Hall
- E-mail announcement to the GSU community
- Eligibility for consideration of the Employee of the Year awards on Civil Service Day in December