Accounts Payable (A/P)
The Governors State University Accounts Payable department (A/P) is responsible for processing invoice payments and reimbursements for the university community in accordance with state, federal, and university policies and procedures.
In accordance with state, federal, and university policies and procedures:
- All orders for goods and services should have a purchase order (PO) number.
- In order for A/P to pay for such goods/services, we need an invoice and a PO.
- If for some specific reason a PO was not processed, then we will need a Direct Payment Form from the department requesting the payment for the vendor, with all original documents attached and appropriate signatures for approval.
- A Reimbursement Request form is used when the faculty/staff/student has to purchase an item and for specific reasons (see the Purchasing Dept) cannot expedite a PO for the items. No reimbursements will be made for equipment or service.
- There are three ways in which A/P can pay for an invoice to the vendor:
- We use the pink copy of the Central Receiving copy of the PO.
- We use the green/white copy of the Units Receiving copy of the PO.
- A/P sends a copy of the invoice with a red stamp imprinted on it, requesting someone to sign this request to pay. This person does not necessarily need to be the person who signs off on the PO, only the person who can verify that the product/service had been completed/received.
- A/P pays vendors in accordance with the State Prompt Payment Act (30 ILCS 540).
Governors State University
Attention: Accounts Payable Department
1 University Parkway
Univeristy Park, IL 60484
Phone and Email
Accounts Payable Staff