GSU has licensed Respondus, a quiz tool software program that allows you to easily
create new quizzes or surveys for Blackboard 9.1 or upload your existing tests.
Respondus offers a way to:
- easily create a new quiz for your Blackboard course
- upload an existing on-campus quiz (in text format) to Blackboard
- create six question types, plus question feedback
- spell check your entire exam
- download a quiz from one online course and upload it to another course
- convert publisher test banks
- use word processing commands to format your quiz
- embed graphics in your quiz
- use mathematical and scientific symbols
- create random sets of questions
(This 10 mb file is zipped. You will have to download it, then extract the content by right-clicking on the file name.)
Obtaining the password:
- Email Barbara Mandel to obtain the current password for the Campus Version of Respondus 4.
- Click the Respondus link above to download the file to your computer.
- When installation is complete, you will need to enter the following information:
The Institution name: Governors State University
Local Contact Person: Barbara Mandel or Joy Bensiger
The password: fill in the password you obtained by email.
When the program opens, you will be prompted to select a Personality. Select Blackboard 7x - 9x from the drop down list.
Using Respondus: the following tutorials will show you how to use Respondus:
- Importing Word Processor document into Respondus
- Creating a new exam using Respondus
- Publishing your exam to your Blackboard course
- The Respondus Exam Wizard
- Using Publisher Test Banks with Respondus
A Respondus Quick Start guide is available to download. Look over
the document to locate the information you need to answer your questions about
using Respondus. The Center for Online Teaching and Learning is also available to
help you with Respondus.
Check the Standard Format for Importing Questions
document to see that your file is properly formatted for Respondus. This documentation is also available when you open Respondus and click the Help link.
Contact Barbara Mandel or Joy Bensiger for installation problems or go to the Knowledgebase at Respondus.