BA Elementary Education Teaching Laboratory I Application
Applications for Elementary Education program teaching labs are received according to the following schedule:
- Fall semester lab applications are taken from March 15 - May 15.
- Spring semester lab applications are taken from September 1 - November 1.
Note: In order to be eligible for placement in an Elementary Education Teaching Laboratory, you must have a 2.75 GPA in all program general education courses and a 3.00 GPA in all program professional education courses. In addition, you must have completed all prerequisites for laboratory placement. See list immediately below for teaching laboratory prerequisites.
ELED Teaching Laboratory I Prerequisites
- be admitted to Governors State University;
- be in academic good standing;
- present transcripts showing a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher in all undergraduate work attempted;
- present evidence of having passed the Basic Skills Test of the Illinois Certification Testing System;
- submit scores from the ETS Proficiency Profile;
- complete a criminal background check by Certified Background.com (see Sara Acton, Director of Field Experiences, if you have any questions regarding background checks);
- earn a grade of B or better in EDUC 320 and 321 at GSU; and
- receive a positive recommendation from the Elementary Education faculty to continue in the program.
Note: You will receive feedback prior to registration via your GSU email account.
If you have not registered with LiveText or have any other questions, send an e-mail message to Dr. Dan Hechenberger (email@example.com
), Coordinator of the Elementary Education program.