Focus Questions for the M.A. in Education Comprehensive Examination for those candidates with a Specialization in Curriculum & Instruction:
1. What models of instruction can you describe for the reader? Can you list the steps in order for a particular model and give examples of how you would use the same in an instructional program?
2. Explain the difference between the terms “ curriculum” and “instruction.”
3. What steps are involved in the construction of a criterion – referenced teacher made classroom test?
4. What procedure would you use to develop a new curriculum according to a theorist?
5. Curriculum mapping? Curriculum alignment?
6. Research design/data analysis techniques?
7. Behaviorism? Cognitive views of learning[ constructivism]?
NOTE – These questions are not necessarily the actual ones that will appear on the COMPS.
Sample questions revised October 11, 2009