- M.A. - Governors State University, Marriage & Family Counseling, 2009
- B.A. - Calvin College, Psychology, 2005
- Dermer, S.B., Boender, J., Malvestuto, M., Smith, S. (2007). Utilizing creativity in multimedia to engage counselor education students. Hawaii International Conference on Education. Honolulu, HI.
- Dermer, S.B., Boender, J., Malvestuto, M., Smith, S. (2007). Let’s talk about sex: Creating a sex therapy course to help counselors become more comfortable discussing sexual issues with clients. Hawaii International Conference on Education. Honolulu, HI.
- Boender, J., Harrison, P., Laninga, K. (2008). Parent seminar: Dealing with teens in crisis. New Life Church. New Lenox, IL.
- Boender, J., Dermer, S., Dunham, S. (2008). Let’s talk about sex: Or our clients won’t. Illinois Counseling Association Conference. Tinley Park, IL.
- Robey, P., Boender, J., Henderson, A., & Smurzynksi, B. (2009). Helping couples work together through an optimistic experiential approach. Illinois Counseling Association Conference. Springfield, IL.
- Bachenberg, M., Boender, J., Dermer, S. (2011). Sex: What does counseling have to do with it. Illinois Counseling Association Conference. Skokie, IL.
- Milliren, A., Yang, J., Wingett, W., & Boender, J. (2008). The “Home Page.” Journal of Individual Psychology, 64(1).
- ACA member
- ICA member
- ICA, GSU chapter treasurer (2009)
- Chi Sigma Iota, GSU chapter treasurer (2009)
- Division of Psychology and Counseling newsletter developer and editor - 2008 Inaugural Issue
• Student Commencement Speaker
Governors State University
Winter Commencement Ceremony
February 6, 2010
- Family Systems Theory
- Advanced Family Systems Theory
- Love: What Everyone Needs to Know
- Sex Therapy
- Individual Counseling Practicum
- Introduction to Family Dynamics
- Sex: What everyone needs to know
- Lifespan Developmental Theories