- Ph.D., Ohio State University, Counselor Education, 1988
- M.S., Illinois State University, Counselor Education, 1984
- B.A., Tamkang University, English, 1982
- Yang, J. (2007). The Inconsolable Secret. In D. Ekstein(ed). On Relationship. Manuscript accepted for publication.
- Yang, J.(2007). On Courage. In J. Yang & A. Milliren (eds). The Psychology of Courage. Rutledge. Manuscript and book proposal submitted for publication.
- Yang, J. (2006). The Courage Circle: Life Tasks Assessment in Adlerian Group Counseling. Submitted for consideration of inclusion of the The Therapist’s Notebook III: Homework, Handouts & Activities for Use in Psychotherapy. Edited by Lorna Hecker & Catherine Ford Sori.
- Yang, J. & Kozik, P. Eds. (2006). Toward a Life Work: Courage, Creativity, and Collaboration, 154 (1). Special issue, Journal of Illinois Counseling Association.
- Sandberg, D., Yang, I (2006). Spirituality at Work: Usefulness of Analogy and Questions. Illinois Counseling Association Journal, 154(1). Special Issue: Toward a Life Work: Courage, Creativity, and Collaboration. 17-28.
- Carlson, J., Yang, J. (2006). Adlerian Family Therapy. In Jordan, K.(ed). The Theory Reference Guide: A Quick Resource for Expert and Novice Mental health Professionals. Manuscript accepted for publication.
- Yang, J., Waller, B. (2005). Transforming a Work Life into a Life Work. Illinois Counseling Association Journal, 153(1). Special Issue: Counseling for All the Seasons of Life. 21-31.
- Yang (2004). Youth Gangs in Taiwan: Issues and School Based Responses. In M. Duffy, M. & Gilling (eds). Teen Gangs: A Global View. The Greenwood series, A Worldview of Social Issues.
- Carlson, J., W.T., Kurato, Ng, K., Ruiz, E., & Yang, J. (2004).A multicultural discussion about personality development. The Family Journal (12) 2, 111-121.
- Best Division Journal Award, American Counseling Association (large divisions), 2007
- Outstanding School Counselor Educator of the Year, Illinois School Counselor Association, 2006
- National Career Development Outstanding Division Award (Illinois Career Development Association to which I was the President, 2006
- Presidential Recognition Award, National Career Development Association, 2006
- The Human Development Seminar for the Division of Undeclared Majors
- Helping Relationships
- American Literature
- Appraisal Techniques in Counseling
- Basic Counseling Skills
- Career Development
- Clinical Field Experience in School Counseling
- Counseling Children & Adolescents
- Development of School Counseling Services
- Ethical and Professional Issues in Counseling
- Grief & Loss Counseling
- Introduction to Helping Services (Professional Orientation)
- Multicultural Counseling Approaches
- Parent Education
- Person Centered Counseling
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Research and Statistics
- Theories of Personality
- Thesis & Project