- Masters of Education, Administration and Curriculum University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois
- Bachelor of Arts Hope College, Holland, Michigan
- March 2009 Illinois Reading Conference Strategic Teaching of Strategies to Empower Students and Excite Teachers
- The presentation focuses on various ways to create an engaged reading environment.
- March 2010 Illinois Reading Conference: Vocabulary—Before, During, After – Reading
- The presentation focuses on new research on teaching vocabulary with an emphasis on ways to build and expand students’ background experiences. Various strategies will be demonstrated.
Served on the Advisory Board for The Governors State University MA in Reading Program
- Illinois Reading Council: President, 1988
- South Suburban Reading Council: President and Treasurer
- International Reading Association: Member of Professional Development Committee and presenter at state, national and international conferences
- Illinois State Board of Education, Member of Reading Assessment Committee
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development