Welcome to the Center for the Junior Year where Genuine Joy comes when your sense of purpose aligns with what YOU do Everyday.
The Center for the Junior Year offers all students preparing to transition into their junior year a place to talk about their educational and personal interests and how to find the right academic program to meet their needs. Through the Center, students will get a handle on their career interests and how to turn their interests into academic programs that meet their personal, professional, and educational goals.
How do students engage with CJY:
• Students can sign up to meet with a Peer Success Coach who will work with them throughout the year
• Students can set up an appointment with the CJY staff
• Students can come during office hours for a walk-in session
Benefits of meeting with a CJY advisor:
• Get a better sense of your career/vocational direction and how to build an undergraduate education program that will help you best utilize the resources at GSU
• Think about how to integrate your field of study, experiential learning, and career development
• Learn how your field of study opens the doors to the "hidden job" market, professional school (e.g., Business, Law, Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy, Medical School) or graduate school
The Center is open Monday and Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.