- Ed.D., Special Education, Northern Illinois University
- M.P.H., Maternal and Child Health, Univeristy of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- B.S., Physical Therapy, University Of Wisconsin, Madison
- Carter, R.E. & Campbell, S.K. (1975). Early Neuromuscular Development of the Premature Infant. Physical Therapy, 55, 1332-1341.
- [Review of The Time-sample Behavioral Checklist: Observational Assessment Instrumentation for Service and Research.] Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy in Pediatrics, 1988, 8, 118-120.
- [Review of Assessment in Residential Treatment Setting, Part 1 Assessment in Treatment settings, Principles and Methods to Support Cost-Effective Quality Operations.] Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy in Pediatrics, 1988, 8, 118-120.
- [Review of Home Program Instruction Sheets for Infants and Young Children, 3d ed] Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy in Pediatrics, 1988, 8
- Carter, R.E. (1989). A Computerized System for Recording Physical Therapist- Patient Interactions During Treatment (Abstract), Physical Therapy, 69.
- Bundy, A., Mattingly, C., Carter, R.E., & Silber, L. (1989). The Case of Stephen (videotape). Chicago, IL: The University of Illinois at Chicago, Center for Education Development.
- Brusca, R.M., Nieminen, G.S., Carter, R.E., & Repp, A.C. (1989). Effects of Instructional Variables on the Stereotype of Subject with Multiple Stereotypes. Journal of the Association of the Severely Handicapped, 14, 127-136.
- Carter, R.E. & Stoecker, J. (2001). Factors That Influence Physical Therapists Reading of Professional Publications. (Abstract), Physical Therapy, 81., A81-A82, 2001.
- Vendrely, A. & Carter, R.E. (2001). Effects of Clinical Performance Instrument Training on the Rating of Student Performance Using the First Five Criteria. (Abstract), Physical Therapy, 81.A56-A57, 2001.
- Vendrely, A. & Carter, R. (2004). The Influence of Training on the Rating of Physical Therapist Student Performance in the Clinical Setting. Journal of Allied Health, 33, 62-69, 2004.
- Carter R.E., Lubinsky J., Domholdt E. Rehabilitation Research: Principles and Applications, 4th ed., St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders; 2011.
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Member, Education, Pediatric, and Research Sections
- Academic Administrators Special Interest Groups