Mount Mary College BS, Occupational Therapy, 1976
University of Illinois-Chicago MS, Occupational Therapy, 1988
Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT), Governors State University, 2012
Carr, C. and Obara, Laura. (2006 Nov.-Dec.) The Impact of Religion/Spirituality in Occupational Therapy. ILOTA Communique, p1.
Midwest Dean’s Occupational Therapy Research Conference (2004) Abstract: "Student Perceptions of Older Adulthood and the Well Elderly."
Contributor, "Research Across the Curriculum, A Guide for Occupational Therapy Educators. American Occupational Therapy Foundation," (2001)
Carr, C. (2000, April). "An African American Occupational Therapy Perspective for the Millennium." ILOTA Communique, p.1.
ASAHP (2000) Abstract: “Team Teaching: A New Partnership in Curriculum Development."
ILOTA Occupational Therapist of the Year, presented at the ILOTA State Conference, November, 2003
- 2008: Arthritis Lifestyle Program, South Holland, IL
- 2006:"The Impact of Religion/Spirituality in Occupational Therapy – Part II": Illinois Occupational Therapy (ILOTA) Conference
- 2005: "Living in a Multi-Language World": Illinois Occupational Therapy Conference
- 2004: Arthritis Foundation Speaker: Christ Hospital’s Stroke Club
- 2004: "Every Encounter is a Cultural Encounter": Illinois Occupational Therapy Conference
- 2004: Poster: Student Perceptions of Older Adulthood and the Well Elderly, 17th Annual Midwest Deans’ Occupational Therapy Research Conference
- 2003: OT Trek: The New Elderly Generation. Illinois Occupational Therapy Conference
- 2003: Arthritis Foundation Speaker, Chicago Heights Community Residences
- 2002: Is There a Disability Culture? Illinois Occupational Therapy Conference
- 2001: Facilitating Cultural Awareness for Cultural Competency, Illinois Occupational Therapy Conference
- 2001: Arthritis and You - Arthritis Foundation, Community Healthcare Center, Dolton, IL
- 2000: Multicultural Issues and Cultural Competency in OT, South Suburban College OTA Program
- 2000: Team Teaching: A New Partnership in Schools of Allied Health Professions (ASAHP) Annual Conference of the Associations of Curriculum Development
- 2000: The Impact of Religion/Spirituality in OT -- Part I, Illinois Occupational Therapy Conference
- 2000: Arthritis Foundation Speaker: Staff, Senior Residents and General Public
- 1999: Designing Self-Directed Learning Experiences: Roundtable Discussion Session—ILOTA Pre-conference
- 1998: The Challenging Student: Roundtable Discussion Session—ILOTA Pre-conference
- 1997: OT Assessment & Rx of Clients Post CVA, Wilbur Wright College’s OTA Program
American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
Illinois Occupational Therapy Association (ILOTA)
National Black Occupational Therapy Caucus
NBCOT Item Writer