- Ph.D., University Of Massachusetts at Amherst
- M.S., Howard University
- B.S, Xavier University
- Bonner, J. (2004). Internet Resources for Students in CDIS, Student Sector, ISHA Newsletter, October, pg. 8.
- Bonner, J. (2004). Tips for Negotiating a Salary, Student Sector, ISHA Newsletter, June, 10-11.
- Harris, J. (1998). Book Review: Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: A Therapy and Resource Manual by Green, B., Stevens, K., & Wolfe, T., Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation.
- Harris, J., (1998). Bicycle Helmet Use and Safety in the African American Community: An Ounce of Prevention…” Ohio Brain Injury Association Newsletter, August.
- Harris, J. & DePompei, R. (1997). Provision of Services to Students with TBI: A Survey of Colleges and Universities in Ohio, Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation, 12(2), 67-77.
- Harris, J. (1996). Verbal Rehearsal and Memory in Children with Closed Head Injury, Journal of Communication Disorders, 29, 79-93.
- Harris, J. (1994). Brain-Injury Support Groups: Services for Children and Adolescents, Journal of Cognitive Rehabilitation, Nov/Dec, 4-10
- Parent training in pediatric dysphagia
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Illinois Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Illinois Brain Injury Association
- ASHA Special Interest Division Member (Swallowing Disorders)