Welcome to Prospective Student Advising for Nursing!
Welcome to the Department of Nursing. This page provides essential information for prospective students intered in the nursing programs offered at GSU.
GSU's Department of Nursing provides degrees in:
If you have any questions concerning any of the nursing programs, please e-mail the Nursing Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julie Anderson-Muniz at 708.534.4086.
Looking to Apply?
Important Notice Regarding Application Procedures for All Nursing Programs!
TO: All Potential Students
FROM: GSU Office of Admission and the Department of Nursing
On April 16, 2012, the Governors State University (GSU) Department of Nursing began receiving all applications for the RN-BSN, MSN, DNP, and Certificate programs through an automated admissions system called NursingCAS. NursingCAS is the national centralized application service for students applying to registered nursing programs across the U.S.
NursingCAS offers you a convenient, state-of-the-art, Web-based application service that allows you to apply to any number of participating programs by completing a single application. The online application was specifically designed for your ease and convenience. With far less paperwork, streamlined processing, and ongoing communication with applicants, NursingCAS offers you the ability to apply to multiple programs across the country.
Interested applicants may go to the Nursing Department Home Page for further instructions on how to begin the application process through the NursingCAS system. Please note: Once accepted into a Nursing program (RN-BSN Completion Program, MSN, DNP, or Certificate), you will be asked to submit additional forms to the GSU Nursing Department. Upon admission, you will also need to send a new set of official transcripts to the Office of Admission.
The charge for using NursingCAS is the following:
- Undergraduate Programs: 1st designation is $45, and $30 for each additional designation
- Graduate Programs: 1st designation is $65, and $35 for each additional designation.
For instructions and tutorials on how to apply using NursingCAS, please click below:
Applicants who have further questions are asked to please contact the NursingCAS Support Team at 617.612.2880, or email@example.com. You are also welcome to visit the NursingCAS website.
Thank you very much. And thank you again for your interest in applying to GSU's Nursing Programs.
Complete the appropriate application and follow the instructions provided.
- Undergraduate Application (RN - BSN Completion Program) Click here for application information.
Click here for direct access to the GSU Catalog - Nursing: GSU Catalog - Nursing
- Graduate Application (For the MSN Program): Remember to select your concentration and submit the required Biographical Sketch/Personal Goals form found on the Supplemental Materials page of the GSU website. The three Master of Science in Nursing Concentrations include: Nursing Administration, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Graduate Certificate Application (For the Family Nurse Practitioner Post-Master Certificate) Remember to submit the required Biographical Sketch / Personal Goals form found on the Supplemental Materials page of the GSU website.
- DNP Application (Instructions and application located on Doctor of Nursing Practice Application Instructions and Materials page on the DNP website.