- Ph.D., University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management, 2005
- M.S., University of Science and Technology of China, 1997
- B.S., University of Science and Technology of Beijing Computer Science, 1994
- Collaborative Product Development (CPD): Exploring Contingencies in Supplier and Customer Involvement. Production and Operations Management Annual Conference 2009, Orlando, Florida.
- The Impacts of Supplier on Collaborative product Development, Production and Operations Management Society Annual Conference 2008.
- Invited Panelist, Kauffman Foundation and IEI Research Conference on Technology Commercialization and Entrepreneurship (a special academic conference organized by Journal of Product Innovation Management) 2006.
- Qualitative Comparative Analysis: Applying Boolean Algebra to Analyze Multiple Cases. Decision Sciences Institute Annual Conference 2005.
- When to Involve Customers in Product Development: Contingencies of Market Newness and Technology Newness. Decision Sciences Institute Annual Conference 2005. With Mallick, D.N. and Schroeder, R.G.
- Product Development Stages in Supply Chain. With Sinha, K.K., INFORMS Annual Conference 2004.
- Johnson, W., Luo, C., 2008. NPD Project Timeliness: The Project-level Impact of Early Engineering Effort and Customer Involvement. International Journal of Product Development. Vol. 6, No.2.
- Luo.C., Mallick, D.N., and Sinha, K.K. 2006. Collaborative Product Development. Product Development and Management Proceedings.
- Luo, C., Mallick, D.N., and Sinha, K.K., Toward an Integrative Framework for Collaborative Product Development (CPD): An Application of Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA). Under first review for publication at Production and Operation Management.
- Luo, C., Mallick, D.N., and Schroeder, R.G. The Impacts of Manufacturer’s Internal Coordination Capability on Supply Involvement in New Product Development. Draft being prepared for submission to Journal of Operations Management.
- Editorial board member, Production and Operations Management journal
- Peer reviewer, Production and Operations Management journal, Academy of Management
- Member, Academy of Management Association
- Member, Production and Operations Management
- Member, Decision Sciences Institute
- Member, Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences