Students must meet all university requirements for a master’s degree.
Required Courses (15 Hours)
- ART 6615 Contemporary American Ideas and Cultures (3)
- ART 8805 Art and Society (3)
- ART 8810 Studies in Art (3)
- ART 8820 Art Seminar (3)
- ART 8990 Graduate Thesis (3)
Non-Western Art Selective (3 Hours)
Select one of the following:
- ART 6521 Art and Cultures of the South Pacific (3)
- ART 6523 Pre-Columbian Art and Cultures (3)
- ART 6525 Native American Art and Societies (3)
- ART 6527 African Art and Cultures (3)
- ART 6530 Asian Art and Thought (3)
Art Selectives (14 Hours)
Select 14 hours from courses in one of the following areas with advisor’s approval:
- Art History
- Digital Imaging
Total - 32 Hours
Application for candidacy should be made after nine hours of graduate studio or graduate art history courses have been completed. To qualify for degree candidacy, a student must:
- complete nine hours of graduate studio or graduate art history courses with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and
- complete an approved thesis proposal.
More detailed candidacy information is available through the student’s advisor.