EXPLORE media planning, management and production in a global, multicultural environment. Study television and transmedia production, studio and independent field production, social media and emerging media cultures, regional media industry including public media, global and non-western media systems, all informed by the liberal arts.
CHOOSE your focus:
- Media Industry and Production
- Social Networking and Participatory Culture
- Global Media and Information Flow
LEARN in state-of-the-art television studios, media labs and technology enhanced classrooms. Work closely with our award-winning faculty who are drawn from a range of academic disciplines, the arts and media professions.
EXPERIENCE "as it happens" learning:
- Cross discipline collaboration, such as working with art and computer science, to create a sequence of 3D and animation courses. Appropriate for media studies, art and computer science majors
- Access to discipline focused networks and relationships with regional media industries that facilitate work, experience and internship opportunities
- Interdisciplinary learning and experiential projects within senior level classes, providing opportunities for collaborative projects in a supportive learning environment
- Media-related study abroad opportunities, providing global experience and literacy
Our program is anchored in south Chicago, south Cook and Will communities and invested in the diverse voices of a changing world. Participate in seminars with media professionals, internships with regional media organizations, area-focused field research and projects in the public interest.
We serve to increase qualified graduates in the growing field of Internet based information.
Prepare for opportunities in Internet publishing, broadcasting and video production, as well as in fields ranging from the arts and entertainment to nonprofit; from media research to advocacy and education.
Click here for our Program Fact Sheet
Keep up to date on course offerings, program news, student achievements, and industry-related announcements for Media Studies at Governors State University.
Degree and Graduation Requirements
B.A. in Media Studies Study Plan
Please meet with your faculty or academic advisor after admission to complete your study plan.
|Effective Spring 2017: The current concentrations are undergoing a revision. Students enrolling in the Media Studies, BA will not be able to select a concentration until the revisions are completed near the end of the Fall 2017 semester.|
Dr. Jason Zingsheim
E 1541 M
Academic Advisor C3385 - Undergraduate Advising Center
Undergraduate Advising Center (C 3385)www.govst.edu/advising