- Ph.D., English, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, May 2008
- M.A., English, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, May 2002
- B.A., English and Philosophy, Miami University, Oxford, OH, May 1997
- “Reading Visions and Visionary Reading in Blood Meridian.” Southwestern American Literature 36.3 (2011).
- “The Modern Magnetic Animal: As I Lay Dying and the Uncanny Zoology of Modernism.” Journal of Modern Literature 31.3 (2008).
- “An Uncanny Ecology: Animal Worlds and Human Dwelling in Cormac McCarthy.” The Cormac McCarthy Society 2011 Symposium on the Southwestern Novels, Austin, TX. October 2011
- “One Book, One University: Winesburg, Ohio and Chicago Heights (film),” Panelist. Governors State University, University Park, IL. March 2011
- “Specters of the Animal: Val Lewton’s Cat People (1942) and Modern Horror Cinema.” Midwest Modern Language Association Annual Convention, in Chicago, IL. November 2010
- “Reading Visions, Visionary Reading: The Gothic Optics of Blood Meridian.” The Cormac McCarthy Society Annual Conference, in San Marcos, TX. October 2010
- “Postsecular Ecology in Cormac McCarthy’s The Crossing.” American Literature Association Symposium on American Fiction 1890 to the Present, in Savannah, GA. October 2010
- “Gothic Animal: Val Lewton’s Cat People (1942).” “Visualizing Animals,” International Symposium, The Pennsylvania State University, April 2007.
- “Civilizing Beasts: Turn-of-the-Century Animal Narratives and the Regeneration of Modern America.” Mid-Atlantic Popular / American Culture Association Annual Conference, October 2006.
- “Liberating Memory: The Memory Image in Bergson and Nabokov.” “Reconstructing Worlds: The Response-ability of Memory” Graduate Student Conference at The University of Vermont. April, 2003.
- Committee Member, Criminal Justice Faculty Search Committee, Governors State University, 2011
- Chair, Composition/Rhetoric Faculty Search Committee, Governors State University, 2011
- Reviewer, Contagion: Journal of Violence, Mimesis, and Culture (2011)
- Faculty Advisor, Student Literary Journal (Reconstructed), 2010-present
- Member, University Honors Council, Governors State University, 2010-present
- Committee Member, Honorary Degree Committee, Governors State University, 2010-2011
- Reviewer, Journal of the Fantastic in the Arts (2010)
- Committee Member, English Teacher Education Faculty Search Committee, Governors State University, 2009-2010
- Writer, Rock Ethics Institute, The Pennsylvania State University, 2007-2008
- Co-Organizer, “Visualizing Animals,” An International Symposium, The Pennsylvania State University, April 2007