- Ph.D., Computer Science, State University of New York, Binghamton, 1994
- M.S., COmputer Science, State University of New York, Binghamton, 1987
- B.S., Tunghai Christian University, Taiwan, 1983
- Shih Y., and Atkins, A., “A Generalized Web Architecture for Supporting Extensible Database Systems”, 2009 (in preparation).
- Shih, Y, “The Future of Computer Science Education”, 3rd International Conference on Computer Science & Information Systems, 2007, Athens, Greece
- Shih, Y., “Software Reuse? Code Reuse?,” 13th Annual Midwest Computer Conference, 1999.
- Sorrentino, D., and Shih, Y., “Dynamic Query Generator,” 13th Annual Midwest Computer Conference, 1999.
- Shih, Y., and Lander, L., "RCOOL: a Model for Reusable Concurrent Object-Oriented Software Library," in Proc. Software Engineering Research Forum 1993, Nov. 1993.
- Shih, Y., and Lander, L., "Introducing Synchronization into an Object Oriented Reuse Library," in Proc. IEEE 1993 Workshop on Software Reuse, Nov. 1993.
- CNSS-NSA Recognition, 2007
- PAI, Governors State University, 2005
- Outstanding Faculty, Governors State University, 1999
- Outstanding Faculty, Students Services, Governors State University, 1996
- Professional Development Funds, Governors State University, 1995
- Science Division Personnel Committee
- CAS Strategic Planning Committee
- CAS Curriculum Assessment Committee
- Search Committee (Dean of CAS, CPSC, MIS)
- Sabbaticals Review Committee (Chair 2005)
- Computer Science Club Advisor
- CPSC Curriculum Committee
- INST Curriculum Committee
- Faculty Representative on Illinois Innovation Delivery of Education Alliance Homeland Security, 2007 - Present
- Moderator for SANs Cyber Defense Institute 2007, Dec. 11-18, 2007, DC
- Moderator for Computer Information Science & Engineering Education Stakeholder Summit, Nov. 2, 2007, Argonne National Lab
- Industry Internship Initiative, 2000
- Board Member of South Suburban Chinese Church
- Board Member of Greater Chicago Chinese New Year
- Certified security professional (CISSP, HIPPA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Professional (MCSE)