Governors State University
For GSU Freshman & New Transfer Students
This weeklong experiential learning opportunity leads to community service, leadership, and self-awareness for freshman and new transfer students at GSU. Participants enjoy this seminar at no cost. You will be immersed in the Five Dimensions of Leadership Development:
- Global/Community Perspectives: Multicultural activities, social justice programs, LGBT and women's issues, cultural immersion and group power dynamics.
- Ethics and Values: Students understand their own personal values and learn about ethics in the workplace.
- Personal Empowerment: Is achieved through enhancing interpersonal skills, confidence building, motivation, public speaking, stress and time management.
- Interpersonal Skills: Team dynamics, cooperative learning, conflict resolution/mediation, goal setting, leadership styles.
- Community Service opportunity: Students are introduced to the benefits of and encouraged to join the Community Service Council.
The seminar is held prior to the start of the Fall Semester, and encompasses community service projects, workshops, speakers and interaction with current campus leaders.Click here to register.
For More Information, Call Student Life: (708) 235-7362 or email SLCO@govst.edu.