Non-Traditional Credit Options
How do I earn credit through standardized testing?
Students admitted to the Interdisciplinary Studies B.A. degree program may also earn credits toward degree completion by achieving satisfactory scores on standardized examinations.
For more information about earning credits through standarized examinations, please click on any of the links below:
- College Level Examination (CLEP)
- Excelsior College Examination Program including upper division testing (Excelsior)
- Dantes Subject Standardized Test (DSST)
Learn more about standardized testing.
Are there other non-traditional credit options?
Students may also earn college credit through:
- Prior Learning Portfolio - earn college credit for learning gained from life experience
- Military training
- Corporate training programs
- Training programs that are approved by the American Council on Education (ACE)
- Students with a certificate from a diploma nursing school and an RN license can receive a minimum of 45 lower division credit hours toward their degree.
Talk to your advisor if you believe you may be a candidate to earn non-traditional credit. This way you can be confident that your efforts will bring you closer to your degree goal.
GSU Course Examinations
Students living more than fifty (50) miles from the University Park campus can be given permission to have examinations proctored off-site. To arrange for an examination to be proctored a Request for Examination form must be submitted fourteen (14) days or more before the examination date.