Getting around campus at Governors State University is made simple by the myONECARD. It's your official GSU identification card and your access to the resources of the Library and the Recreation and Fitness Center as well as for access to STUDENT ONLY activities and other services on campus.

  • Why should I have a myONECARD?


    The GSU myONECARD is your campus ID if you are a student, faculty or staff member.  It is important to keep with you at all times for identification, and for other privileges linked to your card.

  • How do I get a myONECARD?


    If you are a GSU student or employee, you can pick up your GSU myONECARD at the Office of Auxiliary Services & University Housing (C1330) or at the Welcome Center (D Building, Main Entrance)

    DAY OF WeekWelcome CenterAuxiliary Services
    Monday - Thursday8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
    Friday8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
    Saturday9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.NA

    Please bring a valid driver's license, state ID, military ID or passport with you when you go to have a myONECARD made.  No headgear, sunglasses or any other item that obstructs the face should be worn.  In accordance with the U.S. Department of State policy regarding the wearing of religious headgear in passport pictures, photographs must be taken with no visible obstruction of the face necessary for positive identification.  The upper portion of the forehead to the lowest point of the chin may not be covered.

  • Where can I use the myONECARD?


    Currently, the myONECARD can be used to access the resources of the GSU Library, the Recreation and Fitness Center and for access to STUDENT ONLY activities.  Starting in April 2014, the myONECARD can also  be used to pay for printing in the computer labs and library, and for purchases in the GSU Bookstore.

    Additional functionality will be available on the myONECARD starting this  summer and in the fall 2014 semester. 

    • Dining Card for use in the Café and the Prairie Place Convenience Store
    • Vending Machine usage (select machines)
    • Laundry card in Prairie Place
    • Door Access in Prairie Place

  • What if my card is lost or stolen?


    If your myONECARD is lost or stolen, please go online to the myONECARD Account Center to deactivate it. Any card that has been stolen should be reported to the Department of Public Safety (708.534.4900)

    You will need to have a new myONECARD issued. There is a $25 replacement charge for a lost or misplaced myONECARD. Faculty, staff and students can pay by cash or check at the Cashier's Office (C1336) and then bring the receipt across the hall to the Office of Auxiliary Services & University Housing (C1330) to have a new myONECARD issued.

    Students can also request the replacement charge be placed on their Student Account.

  • How do I care for my card?


    All GSU myONECARDs are University property and are subject to the card terms and conditions.  Protect your card accordingly:

    • If your card is lost or stolen, report it immediately and deactivate the card.
    • Don't bend, scratch, punch holes in it, add stickers to, or write on any myONECARD.  Altering an ID in any way may cause it not to function, and replacement fees may apply.
    • If you find someone else's ID, return it to Auxiliary Services & University Housing (C1330)
    • A myONECARD may only be used by the person named on it.  Using someone else's myONECARD is theft.

  • Who do I contact if I have further questions?


    The department of Auxiliary Services & University Housing manages the myONECARD program.  For support or to report a lost or stolen card, contact us in C1330, or by email at or via phone at 708.235.7110.