In addition to completing a university application for admission, paying the application fee, and submitting all official transcripts to the Office of Admissions, applicants must also submit the following documents listed below to the College of Business as part of their application package:
- a GMAT or GRE score from tests administered within five years of the date of admission*;
- two confidential letters of recommendation from professional references (e.g., current or former college faculty member, current or former work supervisor, community leader);
- a current resume.
- A two-page, double-spaced statement of intent. The statement of intent offers applicants an additional opportunity to demonstrate writing and communication skills and supports candidacy for the MBA degree.
Please address the following questions:
- What are your personal short- and long-term career goals?
- What are your reasons for pursuing an MBA degree at this time?
- How do you plan to commit to starting and completing an MBA program? In this response indicate your preference for the online or face-to-face program. If online is selected, also address your feelings and experience in working with others in an online setting.
- Please discuss your level of self-discipline, planning, and organizational skills and impact on family, work, or finances.
- Please give specific personal examples of leadership and provide other pertinent information to help the committee select candidates who can benefit from and contribute to the program.
*The GMAT or GRE may be waived for applicants who meet one of the following:
- a G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher for the last 60 hours, from a regionally accredited college or university, or
- a graduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university; or
- meet the requirement for Guaranteed Admission to the MBA (GAMBA) program for GSU undergraduate students including:
- having completed 12 hours (4 courses) in core business courses (ECON-3404; FIN-3110; MIS-3101; MGMT-3400; MGMT-3500; or BUS-3700) at GSU with a minimum of 3.25 from those business courses taken at GSU; and
- having or maintaining a 3.0 GPA or higher in last 60 hours of the undergraduate degree.
Current undergraduate students may only apply for GAMBA if they have met requirement (a) and completed at least 90 hours of their undergraduate degree program with at least an overall GPA of 3.25. Approved GAMBA students may waive the letters of recommendation special admission requirement.
Items may be submitted separately; however, the application will not be considered for admission by the College of Business Graduate Admission Committee until all items have been received.
The supplemental documents listed above should be sent to:
College of Business Graduate Admissions Committee
Governors State University
1 University Parkway, G281
University Park, IL 60484
You may also send these as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org via email
View College of Business Graduate Admission Checklist