Governors State University will host a C200 Reachout on Friday, October 20, 2017. Up to three $5000 C200 Scholar Awards will be awarded to women undergraduate student at this event.
C200 is an international network of some of the world's top women corporate executives and entrepreneurs. C200's 400+ members represent more than 100 industries in North America and throughout Europe, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa.
The primary mission of C200 and its foundation is to fund, create and implement programs to inspire, support, foster, celebrate and advance future generations of women business leaders.
One of the primary ways they work toward this mission is by funding and participating in Reachouts at the high school, college and M.B.A. level. To date, C200 members have reached more than 12,000 students all over the world through more than 60 of these Reachout events.
At these intensive events, C200 members seek to demonstrate the value of pursuing a career in business to young women who may not have made their initial career decisions. They also participate in panels and roundtable discussions with students aimed at demonstrating the positive aspects of a business career, dispelling myths about pursuing a business career, and the many possibilities that exist within different fields.
C200 REACHOUT AT GSU
Mission vs. Major
Find out how students of all majors can find meaning and successful careers and meet professionals that want to help you get there. Students who RSVP will learn from and connect with C-level female executives during this rate C200 Reachout event.
Discussions topics will include:
- Culturally Conscious Leadership
- Caring for Your Whole Self
- Moving Beyond the Glass Ceiling
- Empowering the Next Generation of Women Leaders
- Collective vs. Competitive: Building Sisterhood in Different Spaces
C200 Scholar Awards
C200 Scholar Awards are provided to outstanding undergraduate students who exemplify extraordinary leadership potential, entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to supporting other women. C200 Scholar Award recipients will receive both a financial gift and access to unique learning and networking opportunities. The winners will receive a monetary award in the amount of $5,000 toward their education related expenses. C200 will provide Scholar Award recipients with incomparable access to its Scholar Network and interaction with our members through networking and learning opportunities.
Expectations for award recipients
C200's hope is to support you throughout your career and track your progress as you grow into a business leader. The organization expects you to give forward and support other women in their careers, work with integrity and leadership and pursue excellence. As a Scholar Award recipient, you will be asked to:
- Work with C200 to develop a profile for the C200 website to highlight your accomplishments and future goals
- Participate in the C200 Scholar Network
- Maintain contact with C200 and keep us informed about your career and accomplishments
- Commit to supporting other women throughout your career
How to apply
To apply, download and complete the application packet. Submit it via email to Cheri Garey by midnight Sunday, October 8. Completed applications must contain the following:
- Typewritten, double-spaced, 500-word answer to essay question.
- Brief responses (no more than 150 words) to two short answer questions.
- Recommendation from a former employer or a professor on the form included in the application packet. The recommendation must be submitted by midnight October 8.
If you prefer to submit your application online please click here. Be sure to send the online recommendation form to the former employer or professors that will recommend you. It is your responsibility to follow-up with your recommender to ensure they have submitted your recommendation.
Scholar Award applicants will be evaluated based on application materials and demonstration of:
- Demonstrated financial need
- Evidence of Leadership
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Commitment to giving back, particularly to supporting other women
Finalists will be selected for final-round consideration and will be asked to interview in person on Thursday, October 19. Recipients will be announced at the Reachout on Friday, October 20.