Freshman students are required to attend one of the New Student Orientation sessions offered throughout the summer. Many sessions will consist of a full day program with an optional Early Arrival program for those students and families that would like to join for a fun filled evening before coming to orientation.
Mandatory Freshman Orientation
(now called ROAR Resources, Orientation, Advising and Registration)
During ROAR you will interact with other new students, faculty
members and administrators, meet with your academic advisor and register
In addition, this will be a great chance for you to discover the various
opportunities provided at Governors State including involvement in
student organizations, volunteer opportunities, support services, and
many other aspects of being a GSU student.
members are invited and encouraged to attend ROAR. We'll provide you with information about various academic programs and
services available to your students.
Click here to log into the MyGSU Portal to access the RSVP system for August 7th Freshman Orientation.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 708-235-6819
- Submit Final High School Transcripts
- Participate fully in Orientation program and sessions
- Submit Immunization Records to Academic Resource Center (Room B1215) by September 4, 2015
- Consider living in Prairie Place. (Congratulations if you have already submitted your housing contract)
- Check the GSU foundation webpage for any scholarships for which you may qualify
- Check your class schedule and speak to your academic advisor, Nicholas Hyer about making any changes