How to Apply : There are two ways to apply to the MHA program. If you are a current student or GSU alumni, please refer below to the section entitled Application Instructions for Current GSU Students or GSU Alumni (within past 5 years).
For all other students, you will apply via HAMPCAS and the instructions are below.
Health Administration, Management & Policy Centralized Application System (HAMPCAS)
We are pleased to announce that our MHA program is a participant of the Health Administration, Management & Policy Centralized Application System (HAMPCAS).
This means that applicants can now apply to health management, administration, and policy programs across different colleges and universities throughout the U.S. by way of a single, web-based application. The benefits to applicants of using HAMPCAS are many, including:
• Decreases the time and cost of applying to multiple programs.
• Eliminates duplication of effort that used to require applicants submit multiple copies of credentials, transcripts, essays, and more.
• Allows for the customization of essays and/or the use of a standard essay. Select which option, for each school applied to, within one online application.
• Allows completing your application over multiple sittings before submitting to all schools simultaneously, and updating your application with new information after the application has already been initiated.
• Enables you to check your application status and progress within the system, from anywhere you have internet access.
• Enables one-time payment for all applications via secure e-commerce.
Go to www.hampcas.org to apply now.
You are encouraged to click on FAQs (Frequent Asked Questions) and Instructions prior to completing your application. These links provide you with important information regarding the application process.
International students should send any correspondence such as official transcripts, WES/ECE transcript evaluations, etc., directly to:
Dr. DeLawnia Comer-HaGans
MHA Admissions Committee
College of Health and Human Services
Governors State University
1 University Parkway, G-176
University Park, IL 60484-0975
For additional assistance, contact the HAMPCAS Customer Support Line at 617-612-2882.
Instructions for Current GSU Students or
GSU Alumni (within past 5 years)
Below are two forms that current students and
GSU alumni (within past 5 years) will use to apply to the MHA program. Each
student should complete only one form depending on your current GPA. If your
GPA is 3.5 or higher, please complete the GAMHA form and follow all
instructions on the form. If your GPA is less than 3.5, please complete the GSU
application form and follow all instructions on the form.
GSU Students Application Form
Please contact Dr. DeLawnia Comer-HaGans with any questions at