GSU is once again sponsoring STEAM camps this summer for middle and
high school students, ages 11 to 16. Camps are held on two different
weeks, and students may register for one or both sessions.
STEAM Camp Week 1 runs July 17 to 21, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
STEAM Camp Week 2 runs July 24 to 28, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Do you need additional activities from 3 to 5 p.m. Monday to Thursday on camp days? STEAM Camp Plus is
an additional program for campers that need to stay for a full day. It
will run Monday to Thursday, 3 to 5 p.m. with an additional cost of $60
Morning sessions: science and technology activities; biology, chemistry, computer programming, and robotics
Afternoon sessions: arts activities; improvisation, pottery, and sculpture
will be responsible for providing their own lunch, drinks and
snacks or money to purchase lunch in the GSU cafeteria.
- Both camps will have a maximum number of thirty students.
- Middle and high school students may register for one or both STEAM camps.
- In order to be officially registered for
the camp(s), the completed registration form(s), permission slip,
photo release form, and appropriate payment must all be received by
or before the registration deadline of Friday, July 7, 2017.
Please see registration form at the bottom of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who will teach the STEAM workshops? Camp workshops will be taught by GSU
science faculty, graduate students, pre-service teachers currently
enrolled in a GSU teacher preparation program, and volunteer
instructors from local science and technology companies.
- Where will workshops take place? Most
workshops will take place in one of the newly built science labs
at Governors State University. Some activities must take place
outside, on GSU's campus as open space is required for the
- What safety measure will be in place? Safety
is of foremost concern. A safety video will be required viewing by
all participants on the first day of camp. All participants must
wear long pants and closed-toed shoes each day. Safety glasses and
gloves will be provided to all participants as needed. Safety
concerns and procedures for all labs will be fully explained before
- Will the schedule be strictly followed? No,
it is only a tentative schedule. There is one activity that must
take place outside. That activity will be planned according to the
- How will participants be chosen? Participants meeting all requirements will be chosen on a first-come, first-served basis.
- meet the proper age requirements (ages 11 to 16)
- have the application and supporting documents fully completed and signed by a parent or legal guardian
- include the camp fee, image release, permission slip, and complete registration information
- Are there any minimum grade requirements or specific math / science course prerequisites? No. The goal of the STEAM camp is to explore and increase interest in STEAM fields. We want the camp to be fun.
- Registration Information If
paying online via debit or credit card, please complete and submit
the registration form online, print the registration form, pay,
complete the physical signature portion and submit. If paying by
check, or cash, please complete the registration form online,
submit, print the registration form, complete the physical
signature portion and submit. Registration forms may be submitted via
Registration is not complete until
parents or legal guardians complete and submit required forms and
payment, and provide required physical signatures. Please maintain a
completed copy of this form for your records. Registration must be
completed and received by Friday, July 7, 2017.
For additional information, please contact: Luke Helm, email@example.com, 708.534.4088.