University Curriculum Committee (UCC) of the Faculty Senate
Role and Responsibility of the UCC
Faculty Senate Bylaws, Article 5, Section 5. The Committee on Curriculum (October 2003)
The Committee on Curriculum shall:
- Recommend approval, modification, or rejection of proposed academic curricula on a periodic basis, including use of criteria on the scope, level, and sequence of work, internal and external evaluation, admission requirements, culminating experiences, and qualification of teaching faculty, but excluding cost, need, and allocation of resources.
- Recommend approval, modification, or rejection of all new courses, all changes to existing courses, and existing courses on a periodic basis, including use of criteria of minimal competency levels at the undergraduate and graduate level, relevancy to program objectives, overlap with existing course, and student demand.
- Periodically recommend approval or modification of academic advising procedures including criteria on consistency, assessment of effectiveness, and availability.
- Periodically review the cumulative experiences of each graduate program, including criteria of relevancy to program objectives, assessment procedures, extent of faculty involvement, and record keeping.
- Forward all recommendations concerning graduate studies concurrently to the Executive Committee and to the Graduate Studies Council.
UCC Members 2012–2013
- O. Ijose, CBPA (2012-14)
- C. Ferran, CBPA (2012-14)
- B. Parin, CAS (2011-13) Chair
- D. Golland, CAS (2012-14)
- G. Howell, CE (2011-13)
- (vacant), CE (2012-14)
- R. O’Shea, CHHS (2012-14) (on Sabbatical)
- M. Ellexson, CHHS (2012-14)
- (vacant), UL (2011-13)
- J. Simon, CBPA (2011-13) - At Large
- J. Berglund (2012-14) - At Large
- Sandra Mayfield, Associate Provost
Course Numbering Procedure
Guidelines for Course Numbering
- Download the appropriate form, and check for specific items that go with specific forms.
- Secure the signatures of the faculty initiator, faculty curriculum coordinator from program/division/college, chair, and dean.
- Submit all documents, including the signed and scaned signature sheets, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and simultaneously to email@example.com, and if appropriate simultaneously to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Send the hard-copy documents and signature sheets to the attention of the Provost's Office.
IAI Rationale Template
New Program Requests (RNUIs, RMEs, Annual Listings)
IBHE RNUI Applications
> Faculty Senate
> Office of the Provost